17 October, 2005

Not the real CIA

So evidentally there has been some confusion from my friends at other schools about the difference between real CIA and buggy CIA ("Carnegie Involvement Association"). Also, there has been some confusion about what buggy is! Which I intend to remedy right now.

Buggy is essentially a super high-tech soap-box derby relay race. That probably doesn't mean anything to you, so here's my team's website and here's a video of me "in the chute". I'm inside of that thing, wheeee!

This doesn't do buggy justice, so I will leave the rest up to my friends here!

Please complete this sentence:
Buggy is...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CIA is Carnegie Involvment ASSOCIATION...otherwise the acronim doesn't work...

and personally..."Buggy is something that interferes with BOOTH!!!!!!"

There, that should confuse people :)

-Linda

3:23 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Haha, thanks Linda! Yeah, I'm gonna fix that right now so I stop looking like an idiot.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Yeah, I noticed the "Carnegie Involvement Society before" and got very, very confused about how we got CIA out of CIS.

I blame the acronym on the 60s

4:30 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Buggy is putting a 5 foot tall female in a 3 wheeled vehicle, that we make, pushing her uphill, having her roll downhill at up to 40 miles per hour, and pushing her back uphill.

Buggy is forgetting you have classes and investing all your time in something that makes you go to sleep at 4 am Thursday night, wake up and do your thing Friday, and wake up at 3 am Saturday mornings.

Buggy is getting drunk at 10 am because you can't get drunk on weekend evenings.

Buggy is getting splinters from composites, scars form razor blades, and strange looks from suppliers when you describe what you do.

Buggy is intense, graceful, strong, art, science, muscle, and danger.

Buggy is perfecting a line, passing in the chute, rolling the plug, and perfect exchanges.

Buggy is going all out - buggies spinning in the chute, pushers tripping and rolling downhill because they just ran too hard.

Buggy is life.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

According to googlism.com:

buggy is de meest verkochte buggy
buggy is one of my all time favorites
buggy is good?
buggy is actually a rather funky game
buggy is rather special
buggy is the greatest cleaner ever invented
buggy is awesome
buggy is the only form of transport a baby will ever need

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home