07 October, 2005

Laptops everywhere!

I'm buying a new laptop to replace the beast I have now. It's an IBM Thinkpad T41 and I'm buying it used from a grad student here on campus. I told the guy I wouldn't be able to pay for a new computer until I sell my current one and get some birthday money, and he said that would be fine. I assumed he meant that when I got the money I'd get the computer. Evidently not. When I went to go check it out today, he had the laptop all boxed up and ready to go. He handed it to me, told me to enjoy it and to get around to paying for it whenever I get some money.
This seems like a pretty flaky way of doing business on his end; he's lucky I'm an honest person, because this would be a really easy way for me to make a quick $1000.

But whatever. I've got a hot new computer. I win.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. SeƱor said...

sweet laptop. makes me want to steal it. so watch out.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home